So this recipe actually started with a recipe I found for raspberry sorbet. It was so refreshing I thought it would be perfect in a summer cocktail. I figured mojitos are always a summer go-to cocktail, so there you have it. A match made in heaven.
2 tablespoons of cubed limes
5-7 mint leaves
2 oz. white rum of choice
Soda water to top
Scoop of raspberry sorbet (see recipe below)
1. Place limes and mint leaves in glass and muddle.
2. Fill glass with ice and pour rum over.
3. Top with soda water and a scoop of raspberry sorbet.
Raspberry Sorbet Ingredients
5 cups of fresh raspberries
1 cup water
1 ½ cups of sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
1. Add water and raspberries to a food processor or blender. Mix until you get a smooth consistency.
2. With a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl, pour raspberry mixture to strain. Discard all remaining seeds.
3. Add sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice to the raspberry juice in the bowl. Whisk until sugar dissolves.
4. Freeze according to your ice cream maker or transfer to a shallow container and freeze for 1-2 hours.